- Export any amount of data from Grafana dashboard in CSV form.
- Export data from any panel where you query metrics, not only Graph and Table.
- Run exporting process in background, allowing you to continue your work in the dashboard.
The tool is based upon grafana-datasource-kit (also created by CorpGlory team), which provides unified interface and same output format for each datasource, such as fields order and time units.
Imagine you have a Grafana dashboard with a nice metric and a query for it. If you wanted to use the same data that you recieve via this query in any other case (import to another database, plot a new graph in any other tool, make a custom model for Hastic etc.) - the simplest way would be to export your data to a .csv file. You can do it using a standard exporting tool, but on really big datasets the dashboard can get overloaded. Moreover, standard exporting tool can only be used in Graph and Table panels.
And this list is to be expanded in future!
If you would like us to support any particular datasource - please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
The tool consists of 2 parts (click on the links to visit github wiki pages):
- Grafana-data-exporter itself
- Grafana-data-exporter-panel, that allows you to export data from any panel in your Grafana dashboard.
Below you can find a video explanation on how to use the tool.
The project started from request from Andrew Eberbach from Ebertech. He wanted to make a tool for exporting data from InfluxDB in background and then we extended the support to other datasources and made grafana-datasource-kit.